Full-Service Family Law Representation
The term “family law” covers a broad range of issues. Divorce, legal separation and nullity are under the term family law, as well as the core underlying causes of action of community property rights, child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support.
Family law also includes paternity actions, prenuptial agreements and domestic violence restraining orders. In addition, family law covers same-sex divorce and related matters. The lawyers at Larose Law have the knowledge and experience to assist you with any family law need. Please speak with Larose Law today at 510-742-6100 to learn how we may help your family. Your consultation is free, and we have offices in Fremont and Walnut Creek.
Typical Issues Involved In A Family Law Case
A typical divorce in California with two children and working parents may contain the following legal issues:
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Establishing a custody and visitation schedule
- A determination of what property belongs to the marriage and property that belongs to just one spouse
- The valuation of all marital property
- Special treatment for certain assets such as 401(k), pension or stock options
- Determination and repayment of existing debts
- Initial orders that one spouse use the primary residence and the other spouse vacate the residence
- Orders to secure the passports of the children
- Orders restraining the conduct of one parent
- An order directing a parent to be evaluated to determine their ability to be employed
- Subpoenas to access financial documents such as bank records to determine what is in the other spouse’s private accounts
- The appointment of an expert to value a family business
- Breach of fiduciary duties — getting back what one spouse gave away or used without the other spouse’s permission or knowledge
As you can see, there are a myriad issues associated with even the most straightforward divorce. Thus, it is vital you retain legal counsel that has the experience to identify all the issues in your case, to make sure you are afforded the full protection of all your legal rights under the law.
Contact Our Experienced And Compassionate Attorneys
The free initial consultation with a Larose Law attorney is the first step in identifying what your issues and legal rights are. The consultation is completely confidential. Call 510-742-6100, or contact us online.