Why we are the “Smart Choice” to Represent You.
- We are deeply experienced in all areas of family law with a special emphasis in financial analysis, custody, and spousal and child support.
- Trial Attorneys: Our attorneys are both trial attorneys, and family law attorneys. Many in our profession are not. That puts us in position to be successful at both settlement or at court.
- No Pre-Marital Agreement: Particularly outstanding settlements and legal decisions for those who do not have the benefit of a pre-marriage agreement.
- Clients Over Age 50: You have worked hard at what has been We are very good at helping you keep it. We have great experience working with clients nearing retirement, who have material health issues, who want to keep their home, or who created a business during the marriage. We represent very senior clients who simply want to have a different life.
- Fair, Reasonable Legal Fees: Detailed billing. Various costs included in reasonable hourly billing rates. Flexible retainers. No undisclosed costs. When needed, experts paid directly by the client. Clients encouraged to be active in all areas of their matter to keep costs down. Court time minimized whenever possible. “Limited Scope” representations.
- Alameda County and Contra Costa County: In-depth familiarity with all family law courts, custody mediation departments, Dept. of Child Support court-rooms, hearing and trial procedures, and judicial settlement protocols.
- Settlement Agreements: Our settlement agreements are built to last, and created in line with our client’s goals and needs. Our pre-marital agreements are forward-looking, taking into consideration some of the many variables that can come up in a marriage.
- Custody: We routinely closely-manage custody and visitation issues to successful outcomes. If you are a parent who wants more visitation with your children, you should speak to us. If you are a parent who wants to relocate, you should speak to us. If you are under visitation orders you do not agree with, you should speak to us.
- Restraining Orders. We get them for adults and children, and to protect assets. We defend those unfairly accused. We get them to prevent a spouse from transferring or hiding accounts.
- Accounting and Finance: You need a family attorney who understands the financial issues attendant to your matter. An attorney who can understand tax records, balance sheets, compensation plans, stock option grants, paystubs, and retirement benefits. An attorney who can understand the work of appraisers and accountants. An attorney who is good at finding accounts and money.
We are the Smart Choice because we know how good we are in relation to many others. Consult with us. Find out for yourself. The right family attorney can make all the difference.
Reach us at 510-742-6100, or send us an email.